Request ID: AMS
Request Title: Alleviating Menopause Symptoms
Submitting Organization: P&G
Response Deadline: August 11, 2017
For Questions about Request: Send e-mail to Collaborations@TCC-Houston.org
DESCRIPTION OF NEED:
Products or technologies shown to address the symptoms of Menopause without a prescription. Solutions must enable unique benefits/claims or superior performance vs. available solutions in the menopause space.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Benefit areas of interest:
- Solutions for key symptoms of menopause/female aging and/or combinations thereof
- Hot Flashes/Night Sweats
- Sleep Loss
- Brain Fog
- Mood Swings
Product forms may include:
- Supplements, Medical Foods, Nutraceuticals, OTC Drugs (Allopathic or Homeopathic), Medical Devices or other regulatory classification that does not require a prescription.
- Open to a variety of product forms (ingestible – tablets, drinks/liquids, gummies, topical, other)
Acceptable Solutions must have the following (please include to extent possible):
- Provide a meaningful/measurable indication of efficacy
- For nutraceuticals or supplements, should have a point of distinction established vs. GRAS/E supplements (e.g. proven efficacy advantage, new ingredient, novel form or delivery approach, new claims, etc.)
- Human safety has been confirmed.
- Have early consumer or clinical studies
- Have an identified path to FDA approval, or FDA approval under the appropriate class with primary data in hand to support the proposed regulatory path.
- Have IP protection (granted or filed patent applications are preferred, ideally w/ global reach)
Preference for products/technologies that (Preferred, not required):
- Non-estrogenic – technologies that don’t activate estrogen receptors (i.e. not estrogen mimics).
- Naturally based technologies with scientific evidence – e.g. sourced from botanicals, food sources, traditional medicine, etc.
- Non-GMO approaches to increase function/activity of biologicals (e.g. probiotics, botanicals)
- Novel ingredient delivery approaches
WHAT WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN:
- Technologies/products that require application or diagnosis by a medical professional
- Technologies/products which require a prescription
- Technologies or products that have special handling requirements (e.g. refrigeration, must be kept frozen, limited ambient shelf stability of less than 1 year, etc.)
- Technologies without established human clinical efficacy.
- Technologies/products not covered by Intellectual property
- Technologies/products that requires extensive safety clearance or regulatory approval
Open Request - DTOC - Diagnostic Technologies for Oral Care